You might have noticed that my server was unreachable for a while. We decided it’s time to set up a new server with updated software and stuff. 🙂 We settled on Ubuntu for the OS, and I will say it’s been a relatively painless install and setup. We also opted to up our internet service to include 5 static IP’s instead of just one, hence the DNS change.
After much wrestling with Gallery2, I got Ronan’s Photo Album running on it with some new features I couldn’t run on the old server cuz apps are quite outdated. 🙂 The goal is to eventually get all current services moved over to the new server, then wipe and upgrade the old for a backup. Perhaps I’ll start doing my own DNS if I’m feeling ambitious. But I’m doubting that’ll happen. 🙂